Procreate Grain Brushes
Have you been looking for the ideal Procreate grain brushes for ages and you can’t find one? Are you tired of your illustrations looking flat? Well, look no more! With our grain brushes collection, you get just about everything you need - whether it’s a brush to touch up your artwork in Procreate with a grain texture, or whether it’s a brush you need for adding depth and shading!
Grain Procreate Brushes – Advanced Painting Designs
In Procreate, grain texture has been very popular in the illustration world, and for a reason – it could really add an extra flair to your illustrations and breathe new life into them! Finding perfect grain shader brushes for Procreate can be difficult, but so rewarding, given the fact that it saves you the time you’d spend working with dot work, or with making the effect from scratch, but also because you are in control of the size and strengths of the brush.
Our Procreate grain brushes consist of a diverse selection with authentic grain texture effects which is ideal for a strong drop shadow or beautifully detailed noise overlay texture – they can go with pretty much anything. Almost all of them are made from authentic materials such as paper, wall textures, sponges, etc.
Explore a great offer of grain brushes for Procreate, and choose the one that most suits your art needs. Subscribe to Brush Galaxy today and gain access to thousands of free and premium Procreate brushes. Here are some of our favorite picks:
Noisy Grain: The noise textures will instantly give your composition a much-needed dramatism by creating darker to lighter gradience.
Retro Grain: This pack consists of tools for fine grain work, half-tones, charcoal finish, graphite smudges and retro newspaper print effect – these brushes are an unavoidable tool for creating the retro look in your digital artwork.
Shady Grain:The Six brushes have different shade effects to them – homogenous to dramatic light from multiple angles, you’ll get them all on this pack. Layer the products with tonal gradience and bring forth beautiful digital art pieces.
The grain effect in Procreate is suitable for almost any style, for either delicate or elegant illustrations, or for a retro grungy feel. We got it all – with these Procreate grain brushes, you can add depth to your illustrations – a film grain looks pleasant for the eye, or a solid grunge look, or just a subtle speckle texture you could have noticed on high art posters from big artists – it’s completely up to you and your style. The best thing about a wheat brush for Procreate is that they’re adaptable for anyone and anything. It’s easier than ever to achieve the perfect grain texture in Procreate!
The Importance of Grain Brushes in Digital Art
In the dynamic world of digital drawing, the subtle details can make a massive difference. This is where grain brushes come into play. Imagine a sky in your digital painting. Without texture, it’s just a smooth gradient of colors. But with the right grain brush, it transforms into a realistic canvas, each stroke adding a layer of depth that makes the sky not just a backdrop but a focal point that draws the viewer in.
Similarly, when working on portraits, the use of grain brushes can give skin a more lifelike texture, moving away from a plastic-like finish to a more natural, organic feel. The strokes mimic the nuances of real skin, adding realism and warmth to the portrait.
Examples of Art Styles Benefiting from Grain Brushes
- Realism: Realistic art styles gain immensely from grain brushes. These brushes help in creating textures that mimic real-life materials like skin, hair, fabric, and more, making the artwork more lifelike.
- Impressionism: In impressionist art, grain brushes can be used to add a unique texture that gives paintings a distinct, almost tactile quality. The brush strokes can create a sense of movement and spontaneity, which is essential in impressionism.
- Concept Art: For concept artists, especially in the realm of fantasy and sci-fi, grain brushes offer a way to add a sense of realism to otherworldly creations. This helps in making fantastical elements more believable and grounded in a form of reality.
- Children’s Book Illustrations: Illustrations for children’s books can benefit from the playful and whimsical textures that grain brushes provide. They add a layer of charm and appeal that is essential in engaging a young audience.
- Comic Art: Grain brushes can add a gritty or vintage texture to comic art, giving it a more dynamic and dramatic appearance. This is particularly effective in scenes with intense action or dramatic lighting.
How to Use Grain Brushes in Procreate
Having high-quality grain brushes can certainly help you improve your drawing. But what good are they, if you don’t know how to use them? That’s why, we created a short guide that will help you utilize them in the best possible way. Here’s what you need to do:
- Selecting Your Brush:
- Open Procreate and create a new canvas.
- Tap the brush icon and explore the ‘Textures’ or ‘Artistic’ brush sets to find grain brushes. If you downloaded pre-made grain brushes, simply locate the folder where you imported them.
- Adjusting Brush Settings:
- Experiment with the size and opacity sliders to get a feel for your brush.
- Play around with the grain settings under the ‘Grain’ tab to understand its impact.
- Practicing Strokes:
- Start by creating simple shapes or lines.
- Notice how pressure sensitivity affects the texture intensity.
- Layering Your Textures:
- Use layers to build up textures.
- Experiment with different grain brushes on separate layers to see how they interact.
- Blending and Smoothing:
- Utilize the smudge tool to blend textures seamlessly.
- Adjust the smudge tool’s strength for desired effects.