Free Procreate Fur Brushes
Discovering the perfect fur brushes for your Procreate projects can transform your digital art, giving it depth, realism, and a professional finish. Whether you're drawing animals or fantasy creatures, the right fur brush can make all the difference. Here, we've rounded up some of the best Procreate fur brushes that cater to a range of artistic needs.
Free Procreate Fur Brush – Find Best Animal Fur Brushes for Procreate
Hello, fellow artists and Procreate enthusiasts. Let us guess. You probably like dogs or cats, and animals in general, and would like to draw portraits of your favorite furry friends. This is great, but be aware. Drawing each strand of fur patiently, keeping in mind their direction, softness or hardness, depth, and light can be tricky sometimes. In general, portraying fur in the right way is not an easy task. But have no fear, we are here to guide you through the process of creating epic furry art. 🦁
What are Animal Hair Brushes?
To put it simply, animal hair (also referred to as fur) brushes are specialized digital tools designed to simulate the appearance and texture of animal fur or hair in digital artwork. They are handy because they save you a lot of time and energy in your drawing.
Does Procreate Have an In-Build Fur Brush?
Procreate doesn’t include default fur brushes in, they are not part of its brush library. Although to be fair, as an alternative you can use Procreate’s default hair brushes in the “Materials” section in the brush library, to mimic some kind of animal fur.
But if you want to go next level, we recommend:
- Creating a custom fur brush from scratch
- Find some pre-made awesome fur brushes that will cover all of your needs
In the following sections, we will teach you how to do both. So prepare for in-depth guides and brush recommendations.
How to Make Fur Brush in Procreate
Creating a custom fur brush in Procreate allows you to tailor the brush to your specific needs and style preferences. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you create your own fur brush in Procreate:
- Open Brush Library: Open Procreate and tap the brush icon to access the Brush Library.
- Create a New Brush: Tap the “+” icon at the top of the Brush Library to create a new brush and open the Brush Studio.
- Shape and Grain: In the Brush Studio, select a shape under the ‘Shape’ tab and a texture under the ‘Grain’ tab that resembles fur characteristics.
- Adjust Brush Behavior: Modify settings like spacing and jitter under the ‘Stroke’ tab, and flow and opacity in the ‘Dynamics’ tab.
- Fine-tune with Pencil Settings: Use the ‘Pencil’ tab to adjust the brush’s response to Apple Pencil pressure and tilt.
- Test and Refine: Continuously test the brush on a canvas and adjust the settings until the desired fur effect is achieved.
- Save Your Brush: Once satisfied, tap ‘Done’ to save the brush. It will now appear in your Brush Library.
Best Free Procreate Fur Brushes
Browse if you want to see what animal fur brushes for Procreate we offer. If you are working on animal illustrations, make sure you check out our Procreate animal brushes! If you are interested in some other Procreate brushes, be sure to check our website and find what you are looking for. We have amazing collections of the best Procreate brushes for fur, so we are sure you will find something fitting for you and your art style! Procreate fur brushes download has never been easier. Subscribe to Brush Galaxy today and download the best fur brush set you can think of in just a couple of clicks! And the best thing about joining the Brush Galaxy is the fact that the moment you subscribe you get access to tons of free Procreate brushes, as well as plenty of premium ones.