Ordered 15 times today
28 Realistic FUR Brushes
28 Realistic FUR Brushes (Procreate version 5 and above)
The realistic brush set for painting animals, furry characters, and other depictions of woolly and fluffy things is called realistic FUR.
The brushes depicting fur from the side view (brushes # 2, 3 and 8) have two options for each one, for the left and right hair growth direction. Therefore, there are actually three more brushes in the set — 31.
You receive in the ZIP archive (40.7 Mb):
• FUR_by_EldarZakirov.brushset — the file containing the FUR brushes for Procreate;
• Realistic FUR for Procreate — some tips and notes.
pdf — the PDF file containing some tips you see below just to have them on hand;
Some observations and helpful suggestions:
• My suggestions for painting furry volumes. As you may be aware, there are a number of fundamental shading techniques used in painting and drawing. Of these techniques, I believe this one to be the most appropriate for me and one of the most logical when painting fur. It involves beginning with a neutral, halftone local color, shading it in accordance with the volume and lighting, and then adding layers of fur in colors that are a little lighter than the shading underneath.
• You can try first applying some simple, hard or soft shading (as seen in the demonstration video) before adding the fur strands above, in accordance with the form and lighting.
• Next, as per usual, some regions need to be made deeper (darker) — for instance, darkened sections profoundly amid strands close to their roots — or some light needs to be placed and accent lights highlighted.
• Layer and brush mixing modes like Soft Light, Screen, Multiply, etc. are also available for experimentation.
• Just as with any painting or drawing, I’d advise working from basic, primary forms to partial ones and details: first, define the main huge volume, lights and darks, then add non-detailed fur strands using matching brushes, and finally, add the detailing with detailed fur brushes.
• Finally, I would add some of the sharpest hairs or strands, perhaps blur or darken some of the underlying strands, and highlight some of the most noticeable ones. Try to post-process some of these by making the edges softer or sharper, the work darker or lighter, etc. Specular, add some highlights.
• The brushes #2, #3, and #8 each have two possibilities for the direction of hair growth—either left or right, as was previously mentioned.
How to install it:
- Download brushes from Brush Galaxy (Products are in zip format)
- Install the Unzipping application from the App Store (Recommendation: iZipp)
- Decompress the zip product file
- Tap the brush/brushset file to open it in Procreate
- Use them to make beautiful art
Check out our in-detail tutorial on how to download and install brushes in Procreate
Do you like what you see? This is just one of the many quality products you can unlock, once you join Brush Galaxy. Rest assured, knowing that you’ll always receive fine Procreate assets crafted by professionals. Register today, and enjoy more than 50.000 Procreate brushes and palettes.